Local Tech Repair: Auto Update Blogger to Facebook Page or Wall

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Auto Update Blogger to Facebook Page or Wall

I recently wanted to start a facebook page for my blog to get more of a social networking advantage to my website that I found hard to do by my self. So I started to look for ways to get my facebook page to auto update when ever I have a new post on my blog. I don't want to have to manually go to all my other sites to have it automatically publish that I recently created a new article.

So after a little searching it was not hard to figure out how to add blogspot posts to your facebook wall as long as you know a few things. First thing you will need is a facebook account and page which you probably already have if your reading this. The second is you will need to know the address of your feed for your blogspot account. For instance for this blog we use atom feed to set up the auto feed to facebook.

example:
http://localtechrepair.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Every blog on blogspot or blogger has this atom feed already enabled so you will be able to easily use this.

The next thing you will need is to sign up for a free account on twitterfeed.com they have an easy interface to set up your wall posts.

once you login step one will give the feed a name (aka name of your blog "local tech repair" for this blog) then you will need to add your feed address (the second thing you needed to have)

then in step 2 you will want to click on facebook and connect it to your facebook profile. You need to accept the application request and once you have connected your facebook you need to make sure that you select your page or wall depending on where you want it to push updates.

then you are done. one thing to note is that twitterfeed.com only pushes new posts every 30 mins I do not know how it handles more than one update per 30 min time period.


hope this helps,
local tech repair admin

No comments:

Post a Comment