Local Tech Repair: Why I Root

Friday, February 8, 2013

Why I Root

Rooting is one of the things that techies love doing when ever they get a smartphone, be it iOS or Android. We hate to be told what we can and can't do with the software that we buy and the hardware we get. Rooting gives us the power to turn a phone from an ok device to a powerhouse for computing.


Why I root is because I am obsessed with making my phone, computer, or what ever else it is perfect. I don't want to be like everyone else in the world I want to have something that is unique and more customized to me. I don't want the carrier telling me I must share all my content, bandwidth, and privacy with facebook or twitter. I don't want to have to wait for the carrier to never push out a security update for my OS. I don't want my battery dying faster because AT&T wants to fill my phone with spamware like dell does to their computers. There is a reason why I reformat any computer I buy.

I want a phone that does what it is supposed to do and only do what I want it to do. I want a phone that will be secure and the ability to deny internet access to apps because a game does not need to collect info from me.

The reason why I root my smartphones is because it gives me power, customization, privacy, and control. I can take an OK looking device and turn it to a fast and beautiful device that is secure and functional.

Why do you Root your phones?

-Local Tech Repair

No comments:

Post a Comment